If you’re in the middle of searching for your perfect agency, you’re probably thinking “only 5 questions? I have a million questions I want to ask my prospective agency!” And the more questions that you have for an agency, the better! However, you need to make sure that out of all of the questions that you ask before choosing your agency you at least have these 5 on your list.
1. How long has your agency been in business?
2. Is your agency a matching service only or do you provide support to Intended Parents throughout the entire process?
3. What is your screening process for surrogates and donors; and what type of support do you offer them?
4. How are the funds for the surrogate and donors held; is it protected?
5. Why should we choose your agency?
Some of these questions may seem inconsequential, but in the long run you will be glad that you asked them because you will know what you should expect out of your agency throughout the process. For example, finding out how an agency holds their funds is important because you want to ensure that your money is protected, either through an attorney held trust account or an outside escrow agency.
Each of these questions are designed to ensure that you, your surrogate, and/or your egg donor are protected and that your journey to parenthood is as smooth as possible.
To see how Conceptual Options answers these questions and more please visit our Choosing Your Agency page.